Wednesday 14 January 2015

Weigh In and New Recipes

Technically I guess I am on Week 14 but with my blip over the festive season, am I back on Week 1 again? I'm not sure... Confusing! Lets stick with Week 14 to keep things easier.

Monday rolls around. Great, weigh in day! I await Mondays in trepidation for what the scales are going to say, always hoping
for a good result. For some reason, I'd managed to miscalculate how many pounds I had gained over Christmas and New Year and it turned out I'd actually gained 9lbs! 13 stone 6lbs to 14 stone 1lbs in 12 days. Oops. But I was determined to correct this and after stepping on the scales on Monday, I peeked at the numbers on the screen and 13 stone 8lbs flashed up at me. YES! 7lbs smashed in a week! Thank god I was back in the 13 stone bracket again and on a mission to carry on losing the weight and getting healthier. I *think* that because the weight was quick to go on and quick to come off, that it was mainly water weight (possibly due to the salt laden takeaways I had been consuming) and potentially only 2-3lbs of 'fat' weight was gained. I was hoping to have lost 5lbs this week so I was delighted with the 7lb loss. Go me!




Over the weekend I tried out 2 new recipes that were really tasty that I want to share with you all. Before I do, I will admit that the foods I eat are about 99% clean with soy sauce, dijon and sriracha sauce being 3 processed things that I use minimally during cooking and/or in recipes and I probably use both on average on a weekly basis. Everything else I eat is protein, fruit, nuts, seeds, veg and whole grains.
Both of these recipes were really simple and the Honey Chipolte recipe called for Quinoa which I have never used before but glad I did as I quite enjoyed it. It is a healthier alternative to rice and although it does taste pretty bland this recipes adds flavour with coconut oil and lime. Mmmm I love lime. Lime and chicken go so well together and it has been one of my favourite food combos so far on this lifestyle! Anyway, back to the Honey Chipolte Chicken dish. I used cubed breast meat instead of thighs so no need to bake the meat in the oven as the recipe calls for which shortened the cooking time. I also marinated the chicken for 24 hours and if you have time, I'd definitely recommend doing that as it gave the chicken such fantastic flavour. 

Link to the recipe is Here



The other recipe I tried was spicy chicken with a cool yogurt dip. I admit, I'm a little weird that I'll eat salads any time of year but this would be perfect for summer. I bet the chicken cooked on the BBQ would taste awesome! The yogurt dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or used the following day as the seeds have been removed. This recipe is really quick and simple and ready in under 30 mins. 

Link to recipe Here


Today Just Ems reached 2200 page views so I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who has read and continues to support my weight loss journey. I really do appreciate all your comments, likes, feedback, follows on Twitter and Pintrest and any suggestions that you have. The girls I have met so far online through Blogging and losing weight are a lovely supportive bunch, making this journey a little more easier!


Until next time

Much Love

Just Ems

Start Date: 7th October 2014
Start Weight: 15 stone 8lbs
Current Weight: 13 Stone 6lbs
Total Weight Lost: 30lbs

Height 5'2

2 comments:

  1. Those two recipes look lovely, if you like quinoa then you might want to try bulgur wheat as that is really nice and we use it for many things and instead of rice :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam, thanks for your comment :) I will definitely give bulgur wheat a go, thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete